The Dream 2 Achieve Kids Foundation is a nonprofit organization focused on inspiring kids to thrive in life through sports and recreational activities in the community. We provide financial assistance to help youth from low-income families of all abilities gain access to after school sports programs, physical education programs in schools, summer activities, and sporting equipment for those in need. We raise awareness of the importance of athletics in developing future leaders, with skills and values that transfer from the sports field into the classroom, workplace, family and our entire local San Diego County community.
- Participation in team sports has been in steady decline for decades.
- Urban youth are much less likely to participate in sports and fitness programs than suburban youth. Over 60% of suburban youth participate in sports leagues compared to 20% of urban youth.
- Kids who play sports are 57% less likely to drop out of school, 49% less likely to take drugs, and 37% less likely to become teen parents.
- Childhood obesity more than tripled from 1994-2014, from just more than 5% to a projected 16.7%.
We are always trying to succeed past our contribution goals to local youth sports such as:
- Improving program quality for all of our recipients enabling them to retain more youth in sports.
- Decreased the costs for families in 87% of youth sports or recreational programs.
- Enabled 70% of our recipients to expand their programs to serve more local youth
- Support ALL of our recipients in starting new programs for young people or letting them continue