WHAT IS OUR SPORT FEE & SUPPORT PROGRAM?
This program assists low-income, physically/developmentally challenged and any at-risk children to have the opportunity to participate in sports or recreational activities in the community. It is an online application for families to apply for up to $50 to help pay sports registration fees. If qualified, the check will be sent to the family, guardian, and/or family worker and written to the participating youth sports organization, program, or school to be used at time of registration.
Youth from low-income families, physically/developmentally challenged youth, or any at-risk youth all qualify for the program. To complete the application, a reference is required to validate standing of the family and/or youth. Must reside in or near San Diego.
WHO CAN BE CONSIDERED A REFERENCE?
- A reference can be a professional in social work or family services, a school administrator or counselor, a senior recreation administrator, law enforcement office, registered physician or nurse, or a priest/pastor.
- References, other than those listed will be considered in a written letter from the proposed reference explaining their position, relation to the family, and explaining the financial situation of the family.
- References cannot be direct family members.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Children ages 18 and under are eligible to apply for financial assistance.
- Due to us wanting to help as many youth as possible, depending on grant application amounts during any given season, grants of a maximum of $75 are to be applied for the payment of sport registration fees. If the grant doesn’t cover the full fee, the parent/guardian may be responsible for the remaining balance.
- Only one application per season (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter) may be submitted.
- As resources allow, grant funding is applied on a first come first serve basis.
- Applications will be approved or denied within 5 business days.
- Each organization/school has their own set of policies and procedures for registration and for seeking additional financial assistance through that organization. Contact the organization/school for details.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- STEP ONE:
Fill out online application HERE
- STEP TWO:
Provide The Reference Form to family/youth reference to verify qualification.
- STEP THREE:
Have family/youth reference send completed form back to Dream 2 Achieve: via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- STEP FOUR:
If application is approved, a check will be sent to the family within two (2-3) days of approval date.